How to Create Great, Targeted Content Based on Visitor Intent
Relevant, personalized content is among today’s digital marketers’ most effective tools to drive quality leads into the funnel. Personalize your content by asking questions about your target buyers and becoming familiar with the context of the ‘visitor intent’ — What do they want to read? What are they searching for online? What types of content will engage them? With the help of the right tools, you’ll be creating and launching new campaigns in no time.
Getting Started: Writing New Content
There are a few do’s and don’ts to follow:
- Entertain: Whether it’s a blog post or a whitepaper, good content entertains readers.
- Personalize: Write to individual customers and signal that your content is without a doubt what they’re looking for.
- Solve a problem: When sitting down to write new content, start by talking about the problem, not by selling the visitor on your company’s service. Understand the problem specific buyers face and educate them on ways to solve that problem.
- Overwhelm: No matter how dense or complicated the content, don’t overwhelm readers with complicated data or statistics.
- Promote your company: Teach readers something — or at least entertain them. Nobody wants to be lectured on what your company does. If they like your content, chances are they’ll care. If they don’t, they won’t.
Now that you’ve gotten started, find out what else you need to know to nail targeted content creation →
Get more great growth marketing tips. Follow Captora on Twitter!