What’s next for Medium’s Android App?
Our goal is to provide a standalone Android experience that will enable people from around the world to share their ideas and engage with each other on Medium. V1 of the Android App finally makes writing and reacting possible for all of the Android users, but we still have a lot of work to do.
Below is our current working roadmap. We move fast and sometimes change course, so nothing is guaranteed, but this is where our heads are at.
V1: The basics
- Basic writing and draft saving capabilities
- Reading, recommending, sharing, highlighting, bookmarking
V1.1: Filling in the gaps
- Enhanced profile to see followers, followings, highlights, and recommends
- User blocking
- User and publication search
V1.5: Improved features for writers
- Multi-draft support, more formatting options, stats, alerts
V2: Enhanced reading experience
- Improved exploration modes
V2.1: Tools for readers
- Exploring offline experiences, different FAB options on the story, improving bookmarks, improved transitions between stream and story, swipe between stories (tbd)
- Landscape mode for tablets and story writing
If you would like to be on the forefront of newness and be an active member of our Android community, then please join our beta group at me.dm/android.