Top 10 Business Trends That Will Drive Success In 2016
- You don’t have to be Nostradamus to know you’ll achieve results better and faster if you lead through strengths.
- Price matters most when the seller BELIEVES price matters most
For decades I have observed business trends from the stage and from the trenches. For the third consecutive year, I am pleased to share with you what I see as top business trends that leading companies embrace to drive success. In some cases, I spot trends that are starting to take shape. In other cases, I spot established trends that have not yet found their way into the mainstream. I see some of these patterns by interacting with participants when I speak at events, and others I notice while working closely with businesses of varying sizes. Feel free to take a look at my past predictions from 2015 by following the link at the bottom of the article. Here are the Top 10 Business Trends That Will Drive Success in 2016.
1. Top Performing Companies Will Focus On Connecting Customers
In discussions with industry leaders like Seth Godin and Clay Hebert (among many others), it has become clear that we are in a Connection Economy. The connection economy rewards value created by building relationships and creating connections, rather than building assets by industrialism. This means the most valuable companies will connect buyer to seller, or consumer to content. If you don’t buy that argument, consider these facts:
- Uber is the largest “taxi” company — yet they own no vehicles and excel at connecting riders with drivers.
- AirBnB is the largest provider of accommodations — yet they own no real estate.
- Facebook is the largest media company — yet they create no content.
- Crowdfunding businesses like Kickstarter and IndiGoGo are expected to surpass venture capital for funding in 2016 — yet they have no funds to invest.