Dear Big-Box Retailers,
The needs of communities of color goes beyond just multicultural beauty and international food. We are more than shampoo, makeup and spices.
We, the manufacturers of cultural toys & games, would like your organizations to know that we exist and our consumers represent more than 49% of the United States population, but we are not represented on your shelves and our consumers’ needs remain unmet.
Multicultural toys and games help all to share their experiences and unite through play. They enhance our empathy and understanding of each other without divisiveness and malice. In your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we ask that you publicly commit to the following:
- Provide the same opportunities for buyer engagement as are afforded to non-minority owned brands such as Hasbro, Mattel, Asmodee & Spin Master
- Create dedicated shelf space for businesses that make products catering to people of color, women and LGBTQIA+ people
- Create programming that helps buyers learn about diverse products and communities they have little to no knowledge of
- Strengthen your existing commitments to our communities beyond cultural holidays and advertising
- Set a measurable, quantifiable financial investment goal and ensure transparency in reporting to demonstrate accountability to customers
We are stronger together than we are apart. Let us work together in the interest of uniting our country and driving value to consumers.