Next Steps on CareerVillage.org
Next steps are suggestions for what students should do next.
Professionals answering questions on CareerVillage.org can now add “next steps” into their answers. Adding a next step is a great way to help students turn learning into action. It’s also ProTip #5 (read all 10 of our ProTips here: https://medium.com/@careervillage/introducing-protips-2d4ad51c445a), a critical component of what makes the highest quality advice on the internet (aka “Best of the Village”).
ProTip: What makes a GREAT next step
Next steps are small achievable steps towards your career goals! The best next steps can be thought of as “tasks” on a students list of things to do. No next step is too detailed or specific. Great next steps are SMART goals. Here are some examples:
- Add three pieces of art to your graphic arts portfolio
- Email someone who does your dream job to ask for “an informational interview”
- Send a draft of your resume to a teacher you know for feedback
- Read the book “The Vault Guide to Case Study Interviews”
- Join or start a math club at your high school