We are excited to announce Team BadgeChain. We’re a small core team of experienced badge enthusiasts working to investigate the next stage of the grand open badges experiment. Our mission: Explore through research, advocacy and development how Open Badges (and related technologies) can be advanced by blockchain.
- We’re a democratic organization.
- We’re committed to working in the open.
- We’re ecosystem focused.
- We are learning as we go.
- We’re building the future of badges.
Who we are
Please use the Twitter hashtag #badgechain
- Carla Casilli @carlacasilli
- Ian O’Byrne @wiobyrne
- Kerri Lemoie @kayaelle
- Sandro Cacciamani @sandrokion
- Serge Ravet @szerge
- Simone Ravaioli @psykoreactor
- Sunny Lee @soletelee
What’s been happening so far
- We’ve learned that we’re excited about what’s already being achieved with badges.
- We are convinced that something like blockchain could be an answer to many of the extant badge currency / rigor / verification concerns.
- We’ve found a lot of heat developing in the blockchain world.
- We are ambitious and realize that that ambition needs to be fueled with funding.
- We seek independence from any one funding source.
- We have different drivers motivating our interests in this new technology.
- We’re committed to ensuring a future for open badges.
- We believe that this work offers a window into a new credentialing world.
- We continue to build our immediate, 3 month, 6 month, 12 month roadmap.
- One thing that is blatantly obvious to us: blockchain is a complex and evolving technology and we still have a lot of investigation to do.
- We’re building a website so you can know what we’re up to and who’s doing what.
- We’re establishing a series of subcommittees in order to move our work forward rapidly: technology, product / ecosystem research, funding, communication / support.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to future collaboration
Originally published at medium.com on February 10, 2016.