What’s your name, major and hometown?
- Carley Mahoney, Public Relations, Glenview Illinois
What would be the most useful thing for me to know about you as a student?
- I have a hard time paying attention sometimes, I’m easily distracted
What do you wish was different about school?
- Classes should be hands on and not all about the lecture
Describe a moment in school last year when you felt really engaged. Why do you think that moment was such a positive one for you?
- In my advertising class we had a guest speaker and it was really cool to see someone who was actually in the field talking about what I want to do.
What do you think teachers think about you, and what do you wish they’d think about you?
- I think sometimes teachers see me as a space head because of my occasional lack of focus, I wish they knew I’m actually pretty smart and passionate about the classes I’m taking.
Tell me about a teacher who you feel knew you well. What kind of student were you in his or her class? What did he or she do to get to know you?
- In high school I had an english teacher that knew me very well. He knew I had a creative side and he always pushed me to think even more outside of the box. I was focused in his class becuase I was excited to show him my work.
If you could build a school, what would it look like?
- Tall ceilings and lots of windows. The teachers would take the students into the real world and create hands on experiances for them to participate in.
What do you wish I would ask you so that I can be a good teacher for you?
- Ask about our future plans, like what we want to do with our degree/education.
What makes a weekend day great for you?
- being able to spend time with my friends and relax
Anything else to add?
Finally, include a photo of yourself in your Medium post so I can start putting faces to names.