During the execution of an action in Rails we can access to all the parameter of the request via de request object. This object includes the following useful methods:
- headers — Returns a hash containing the headers associated with the request.
- body — Returns an StingIO with the body.
- host — The hostname used for this request.
- domain — The hostname without the first part (usually “www”).
- format — The content type requested by the client.
- method — The HTTP method used for the request.
- get?, post?, put?, delete?, head? — Returns true if the HTTP method is get/post/put/delete/head.
- port — The port number (integer) used for the request.
- protocol — The protocol used for the request.
- query_string — The query string part of the URL — everything after “?”.
- remote_ip — The IP address of the client.
- url — The entire URL used for the request.
I found pretty useful the headers method to get headers like this:
Also you can the raw body like follows:
Originally published at www.carlosbaraza.com on March 20, 2014.