My mother’s story is similar, except replace “immigrant” with “deaf”.
Kimberly Wilke

I’m not sure if this is in any way helpful, but I would strongly encourage your mom to look into a federal job. There’s a specific hiring authority called Schedule A for people with disabilities. The HR folks should be able to direct her to someone that can help answer questions.

Like what you read? Give Carly a round of applause.

From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.