Migrate from Amazon Webstore or How to Pick a New Home for your Store?
The announcement concerning the shutdown of Amazon Webstore in 2016 has become one of the biggest news in e-Commerce recently. Like thunder from a clear sky, it has shocked thousands of store owners and interfered with their business plans.
Amazon Webstore intended to become a perfect platform for small/middle-size businesses. For 79$ a month + moderate sales charges, merchants were offered to create a “simple to build, quick to design and easy to manage full-featured e-Commerce store using Amazon’s technology”.
Unfortunately, it seems that the retail giant failed to create a competitive shopping cart. Being barely known six years after its launch, Amazon Webstore has been forced out the market.
What to do next?
If the company of Amazon will somehow cope with the grief of this loss, merchants using this platform have encountered a dilemma of a much bigger scale — what to do next? Basically, there are 2 possible variants: to say “Goodbye” to their businesses or to re-platform. And since the first suggestion sounds barely acceptable, only one thing is left — migration from Amazon Webstore.
Amazon Webstore Alternatives
There are dozens of alternative shopping carts that might suite Amazon Webstore owners as a new home. Some of them provide its own hosting and unremarkable ease of use, others — a full access to the code and unlimited customization opportunities. Among this variety, we can distinguish 4 solutions that outweigh Amazon Webstore in terms of functionality and can be integrated with FBA and Amazon Payments:
The following infographic gives a full picture of platforms’ peculiarities and features needed to know about to choose a perfect shopping cart for your online retailer.
How to Migrate?
Now you need to decide which migration way you’ll choose among the 3 of most common ones: manual, hiring a freelancer or automatic.
- Manual migration is a free but time-consuming migration way. To perform it, you need to copy & paste every bit of information you have — product after product, customer after customer. Thus, it’s best suitable for small-sized stores with no more than 100 of products. Otherwise, it can take weeks to accomplish.
- Another way to move your store is to delegate this task to a freelancer. Though it’s a convenient and effective way to migrate (assuming the freelancer is experienced), it’ll most surely cost you a lot of money. Besides financial expenses, security is another thing to consider — to make migration possible, you’ll need to grant a freelancer with a full access to your store.
The third way is to use an automated shopping cart migration service. Cart2Cart is considered to be one of the leaders in this field and can effortlessly handle a full-scale store data transfer. The benefits of using such a service are following: — The migration takes no longer than several hours — It requires no programming skills at all — Migration price is flexible and depends on the amount of transferring entities — 100% secure thanks to a dedicated Amazon EC2 server used during migration
Migration from Amazon Webstore Scenario
To perform a successful data transfer from Amazon Webstore using Cart2Cart, follow the instructions below:
- Register a new account or use your Google/Facebook account https://app.shopping-cart-migration.com/#register
2. Specify source and target shopping platforms. Choose Amazon Webstore as your Source Cart and any the platform you’ve chosen as your Target Cart. Next, provide the stores’ URLs, download and install Connection Bridge.
3. Indicate entities for migration. Choose the entities you’re willing to move: products, product images, attributes, categories, manufacturers and other additional items.
4. Proceed to free Demo Migration. This option allows to see the service in use. During this process only the limited number of entities will be migrated.
5. Run Full Migration. Check the entities once again and launch full migration. A few hours later, you’ll receive an email when the data transfer is finished.
At this point, your brand new store is ready to sell and prosper. So, are you ready to perform a full-scale migration from Amazon Webstore with no efforts at all? Start with a free demo now!