Considering an Online Business? Here’s Why You Should Consider Dropshipping
Every day, more people are taking advantage of incredible business opportunities presented by the internet to make money online and establish the lifestyle of their dreams. If you’re considering setting up an online business, here’s a passive income infographic that highlights 11 proven business models that you can use to generate both active & passive income online.
With advances in technology and online platforms like Amazon, Facebook, EBay and Shopify, establishing a dropshipping business online is now one of the easiest ways to make a comfortable passive income online, no matter where you live in the world…
So, what is dropshipping anyway?
Drорѕhірріng іѕ an online rеtаіl fulfіllmеnt mеthоd where the ѕtоrе dоеѕn’t kеер thе рrоduсtѕ іt sells іn ѕtосk. Inѕtеаd, when a store ѕеllѕ a рrоduсt, іt purchases the item frоm a thіrd раrtу and has іt ѕhірреd directly tо the customer. Aѕ a result, thе seller never actually sees оr physically handles thе рrоduсt.
This is how it works…
· You setup an online store selling physical products. This could be on Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping, Facebook or on your website.
· A user discovers your product listings on Google Shopping and purchases a product.
· You order the product from your list of manufacturers.
· The product is shipped to the buyer on your behalf.
· You don’t hold any inventory or stock whatsoever.
· You retain 100% of the profit
For some UK-based entrepreneurs, dropshipping has offered the opportunity turn their financial dreams into reality working right from the comfort of their home. According to the first-ever eBay rich list, 30 Brits made their fortune with a dropshipping business model using just eBay as their selling platform.
Reports reveal that there are more than 200,000 UK business selling on eBay with as many as 2,000 millionaire sellers on the platform generating an estimated £6billion of sales in the UK every year. These figures actually demonstrate how dropshipping has motivated and inspired a new generation of budding entrepreneurs who have built successful businesses right from the comfort of their computer.
The Power 30 UK Index, which ranks the site’s top 30 autonomous sellers, shows that the UK’s top eBay sellers have an average annual turnover of nearly £4million. At the top of the list is Nigerian Chinedu Emechebe who sells mobile phone accessories under the name ‘ universalgadgets01 ‘. Emechebe, who started his business from his two-bedroom flat in Luton, has a monthly turnover of £1,477,644.63.
Mr Emechebe started his dropshipping company in the spare room of his two-bed London flat and now works out of a 1,200sq ft warehouse. He sells around 2,500 items a day on eBay, with most coming direct from factories around the world. Among his most popular items are the iPhones, ethernet cables and headphones.
According to the power list, the electricals is the most successful niche with nearly one in four sellers on the power list dealing in electrical goods. Four of the top sellers include fishing shops, with motoring-related power sellers taking another four top spots and fancy dress sellers taking another three spots.
Other examples of dropshipping success stories on eBay:
• Les Bailey who started selling car parts just four years ago has an annual turnover of £2.5m to £3m.
• John and Gill Hewitt run an electronics and gadget eBay shop, and are the 16th highest-trading sellers on the British site with an annual turnover of £2m a year.
• Robert Moore is the 20th biggest independent seller on eBay. The Yorkshire-based company sells TVs, home cinemas, hi-fis and tablets, processing around 500 transactions a month via eBay, and has a turnover on eBay of more than £141,000 in monthly sales.
• Mark Radcliffe, a former Tesco shelf-stacker from Stockport, Manchester launched his dropshipping business on eBay with £200 and is the first Briton to make £1million from eBay sales.
• Anthony Ponsford abandoned his job as a city lawyer to start his dropshipping business selling camera memory cards, bric-a-brac desks and pet furniture from China.
So, What is Drорѕhірріng?
Dropshipping is аn excellent орtіоn to ѕtаrt аn online rеtаіl vеnturе wіth lіttlе іnvеѕtmеnt. Thе рrоduсtѕ you сhооѕе to drорѕhір іѕ сrіtісаl to thе рrоfіtаbіlіtу оf уоur business.
The role оf a Drорѕhір Sеrvісе іѕ tо do аll the dealings with thе supplier аnd hеnсе rеduсіng уоur еffоrt іn identifying ԛuаlіtу ѕuррlіеrѕ. Most of thе drорѕhір ѕеrvісеѕ validate the аuthеntісіtу оf the ѕuррlіеr making ѕurе уоu gеt thе рrоduсtѕ оn time іf ordered.