Weed Pipe: Its Types and Kinds!
The weed pipe has been in existence since the ancient age. It has been used for the smoking of both tobacco and marijuana. It can be made from a range of different materials like briar wood, meerschaum, corncob, clay, glass, and so on. However, it is important to not make it out of aluminum foil as this can be dangerous.
There are different types of weed pipes out there. These are:
- Clay Device: This pipe is still hanging in there over the ages. They are very hot and hence are not easy to handle. These pipes are one of a few that provide their own flavor to the smoke itself. However, being made out of clay, they are breakable and thus have gone out of fashion.
- Meerschaum Type: This pipe is made from a marble like stone which is naturally found in the Black Sea, Lakes in Italy, Greece and lake Tanganyika in Africa. Meerschaum is made from the material Sepiolite which is a type of sea/lake foam. It gives a cool, dry and flavor filled smoke.
- Corncob Variety: The cob is first hollowed out and is set to be dried up for two years. Then, it is converted into a weed pipe, and does a fantastic job as a pipe as it allows the natural cannabis flavors to shine through. Believe us, Frosty the Snowman is not the only one who relishes corncob pipes!
- Sneak-a-Toke: These are important because they are disguised as pens, lipsticks, or chap sticks. They contain room just enough for one solid hit. These sneaky little things are so small that you can literally carry them anywhere. These are important and useful when you have to taste different strains of corn cob.
- Calabash Gourd: The weed pipe made from the African Calabash Gourd is certainly a spectacle to look at. It instantly reminds one of Sherlock Holmes. An obstacle is kept beneath the gourd when it is growing to give it the curved shape. The unique shape of the gourd leads to a cooling effect, and this makes for a cool smoking experience!
- Chillum: This originated in ancient India. It was and is used by Hindu monks for getting hits. The chillum is a weed pipe that can be made out of glass, wood, clay or stone. The cone shape facilitates that the chillum must be held upright!