Relationship Mastery: How To Identify Sales Prospects? — What is the Secret?
This is a great question by Jerome Syed he asks:
Q: “What is the secret to successfully identifying potential sales prospects?”
A: There is no secret sauce or magic formula. We can not waive a magic wand and automatically justify who is the target customer. What we will want to do is:
- Identify the target market (who are they)
- Address common pains (why do they need your service/product)
- What are you the salesman or woman going to do differently
So #1, I don’t know what Jerome, or you the reader, sales. What I know is NO matter the product/service or the industry, if you’re solving a valuable problem you’re needed.
Your target market will be sorted by variables including but not limited to:
- Annual Revenue
- Net Income
- And More!
I’ve learned the long way to not automatically guess who is a fit. Based on the price and what you offer will determine if they are a fit. Few questions for you:
- Do you have customers (yes or no)?
- Does your company have a reputation (yes or no)?
- Is your product/service premium, moderately priced or economically friendly?
All questions we have to ask ourselves when determining our target market…make sense?
Want to read the Full Answer?
Entire answer is hosted at the Relationship Mastery Class Blog