Hangout Recap: How to use cPanel with GoDaddy Web Hosting
On March 27th, 2014, Ben Gabler, Jennifer Davis and Matt Gaspar of the GoDaddy Hosting Product Team held a Hangout to share the latest on cPanel hosting at GoDaddy, as well as answer questions from our community of developers, designers, resellers and other web professionals.
Here are the highlights:
- GoDaddy hosting is fast, according to independent tests
- The team went through a number of aspects of the cPanel implementation
- Server hosting configuration
- Security and intrusion detection processes that are in place
- Software configuration overview (cPanel, CloudLinux, CentOS, and others)
- UI overview and live demo of the GoDaddy-skinned cPanel (settings, one-click installs, etc.)
- How to enable SSH access on cPanel
- Usability improvements and email setup
- There was also an overview of key roadmap items (coming soon)
- Migration tools to move from other hosts to GoDaddy
- Migration from shared to VPS
- CloudLinux upgrades
- Office365 integration
- Integrations with SiteLock, Managed WordPress, Locu and others
Want to watch the Hangout yourself? Here you go!
Here’s the full slide deck:
Originally published at Garage.