Leaked-Scout Elf Professional Development Memo
December 15, 2016
Dear [insert child name here],
In order to meet the strict requirements of the legislature of the North Pole, your Elf on the Shelf is required to undergo 30 hours of Professional Development each calendar year, of which 24 hours must be provided by Santa Claus, Inc. To that end, all Elves on the Shelf will be attending mandated professional development on Thursday, December 15, 2016.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Memo to Scout Elves:
We’re looking forward to an exciting day of Professional Development. We know this is not an ideal time of year, but due to the clement weather in July, we were compelled to reschedule. We thank you for your understanding. Please note that if you are unable to attending tomorrow’s sessions, you will be responsible for making up the six PD hours on your own before December 25, 2016.
Topics available for you to cover tomorrow include, but are not limited to:
* Incorporating technology into your hiding.
* Appropriate and inappropriate hiding places.
* Dealing with undermotivated children.
* Writing growth-based comments on your child’s behavior.
* North Pole-mandated training on bloodborne pathogens, CPR, and EPI-Pen use.
* Your new, new, revised North Pole-mandated scout elf evaluation system, including your behavior targets for your child, your growth plan, your evidence, and your posting of your child’s daily behavioral targets in a highly visible place in your child’s home, as well as discussions of how the child can report on the monitoring of their own behavior so you can be viewed as “Highly Effective” in your scout elf duties..
* Adjustments to the logging and reporting system for child behavior, including the revised parent portal.
* The new accreditation requirements from North Pole Central Association and the Workshop Improvement Plan each Scout Elf division will be undertaking.
You need to arrive by 8:00 AM GMT to be stamped in by SCI administration, and we should be done around 3:30 PM and will allow for 1 hour for lunch. Scout elves should try to carpool as parking is limited due to the toy-making elves working double shifts.
Thank you! Hopefully, tomorrow will not be ho-ho-horrible.
Santa Claus, Inc.