1. By taking a screenshot, you can “export” from any app on any device.
2. You can “import” screenshots back into any app that imports photos (most apps).
3. For these reasons, screenshots act like a universal file type on mobile. As @artypapers says:
4. Screenshots let you circumvent restrictions like file format incompatibilities, service non-interoperability, character limits, etc
5. You can easily edit screenshots using simple tools that are bundled with most desktop and mobile operating systems:
6. It’s easy to annotate screenshots:
7. On mobile, the photo roll where screenshots are kept is similar to a file system. You can delete photos, edit them, back them up to the cloud, etc.
8. You can combine otherwise incompatible formats in a single screenshot
9. Screenshots persist even when the thing screenshotted disappears:
What are some other reasons screenshots are awesome?