Health for Writers — The Many Benefits of Peppermint Tea
First thing each morning I put on a kettle of Peppermint & Green tea. Once a coffee drinker, I found tea was much more beneficial that my big cup of caffeine, sugar and cream. In fact, coffee not only stained my teeth, it made my stomach upset and gave me heartburn. Yet, I felt I needed a good kick in the caboose each morning. In fact, I’m not much of a morning person at ALL! But I’m married to one that can’t understand my need for speed in the wee hours of the day. While he’s dancing circles around me, I move like a sloth until my hot cup of wake up juice hits the bottom of my belly.
Discover & Share this Running GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.giphy.com
Discover & Share this Asleep GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.giphy.com
Benefits of PepperMint Tea
Peppermint tea has been known to boost overall health in a number of ways.
- Improves Digestion.
- Reduces Gas and Bloating. (It is a carminative, which reduces gas throughout the body eliminating bloating, cramping, and stomach pains.)
- Promotes Healthy Digestive Systems. (Stimulates bile flow, increasing the efficiency of digestion.)
- Promotes Healthy Bowel Movements. (Say good bye to diarrhea, constipation, & irritable bowel syndrome )
- It is an analgesic, reducing pain associated with cramping, bloating, and indigestion.
- Nausea and Vomiting. (Peppermint tea is antispasmodic, which reduces vomiting and nausea, even motion sickness, stomachaches and queasiness).
- Respiratory Issues. (The same antispasmodic, relieves irritation which leads to coughing by relaxing the muscles of the throat and chest.)
- Reduces and Eliminates Cold and Flu Symptoms.
- Boosts the Immune System.
- Supports the Immune System. (Peppermint tea has antibacterial properties that fights bacteria symptoms and prevents colds all together.)
- Contains trace amounts of vitamin B, Potassium, Calcium, and antioxidants. All nutrients that ward off illnesses and keep your body healthy.
- Reduces Stress Levels. (It contains natural sedatives with the antispasmodic nature of menthol relieving mental fatigue.)
- Relaxes the Body and Mind.
- Reduces Blood Pressure and Body Temperature. (The effects allow your mind to unwind and your body to relax.)
Pain & Inflammation:
- Reduces Pain.
- Fights & Eliminates Inflammation.
- Cures bad breath. (Kills the germs that can lead to halitosis leaving you with a fresh minty mouth.)
- Aids in weight loss. (Just the aroma of peppermint can actually eliminate and reduce your appetite.)
- Reduces Fever. (It contains menthol which cools down your body on the inside and essentially breaks a fever.)
- Creates temperature Balance. (The same menthol can regulate your body temperature which is sometimes associated with hormone deficiencies.
Peppermint tea, with all of its wonderful qualities, can sometimes cause allergies or heartburn. I drink one to two cups a day without any problems. See your doctor if symptoms appear after drinking it.
I add 1 individual Peppermint Tea Bag and 1 individual Green Tea Bag, both by Twinings Tea, which is my favorite brand. (And I have tried many!) Bring to boil, till whistle goes off, and let sit for 3–5 minutes. While my tea is steeping, I get my great big tea/old coffee mug and add 1 Tablespoon of Bee Natural Honey, Natures Finest Wildflower 100% unfiltered and uncooked honey.
It may not sound good, but it tastes great and I’ve seen definite results all around. I’ve lost almost 6 pounds in just changing my morning coffee to morning tea. In case you’re wondering what else I have with my tea, I fry one large egg with salt, pepper and Slap Yo Mama Seasoning.
Mmm Mmm Good!
Wrapping it UP
Peppermint tea is a great way to wake up or settle down. Either way you can’t lose!
What’s your morning routine? Are you a morning or night person?
Get tons of recipes for your new obsession with tea. I love tea parties!
Want to know more? Sign up for my newsletter, WE CREATE TOGETHER — THE CONFIDENT WOMAN’S ALMANAC, and get access to my many free resources for writers and my Ultimate List of Lists for Writers. Get tips on marketing and growing your audience with my #storybranding services. Originally published at Cindy M. Jones.