In this final exercise, we had to conduct a usability test on a University website (Carnegie Mellon University), and suggest some improvements that can be done to improve the overall experience.
I chose my husband to be my tester user, because he is not quite related to the academic scenario and could be more representative of the feasible target, like a prospective student for example.
I had to supervise how he looked for the information of:
· How to get there: Closest airport
· Who is the mascot of the athletic team
· If there was arabic language as an academic…
In this exercise we had to do a reverse thinking process, in order to wireframe the UI of an existing app, dedicated to car sharing.
The aim of this whole assignment was for us to understand what is and what is not important when we wireframe, so we can focus on the relevant information at this point of the design process.
As wireframing rules determine simple lines and no color, the whole “designing with sketch” was not a difficult part for me; we had the UI examples so it was quite easy to replicate the screens.
Creating the prototype, on the other hand, did take me a quite amount of time. It was not the tool, because I have used Invision many times before and it is one of my favourite prototyping tools to these days (I am actually thrilling to put my hands on Studio very soon). …
Third assignment of Ironhack’s Prework, where we start with UI design tools, and beautifying some cool stuff.
I have felt more comfortable in this third assignment, since I am a former designer and was already familiar with Sketch app as a UI design tool.
The goal of this exercise was to literally copy the interface of an existing app, used by groups when preparing a trip, to gather information about important locations and timings.
Because of my personal background, I am overexposed to disney films and stuff, so I decided that, as I was not learning the tool from scratch, I could do some tweaks, here and there, and have a little fun…