Why are we building this?
We’ve seen incredible growth in the web3 community in the last couple of years. However, there are still too many frictions in the process of creating decentralized applications, and we believe that by making developers lives easier we will impact both the community of builders and the costs of development, resulting in improving the overall adoption of blockchain technology and developers retention in the space.
To build a dApp, dev teams needs to:
- Learn new architectures, languages and debugging styles
- Decide if they want to operate their own infrastructure or nodes
- Learn new security models and attack vectors
- Develop with tools that are not world class with good CI/CD, testing, etc
- Choose what kind of data needs to be stored in the blockchain
- Optimize gas fees
- Understand how multiple blockchains work
In the past years we have seen the rise of many backbone technologies startups creating the protocols needed to create a new technology ecosystem. Now, a new wave of builders want to leverage that infrastructure to build real world consumer face applications. For that to happen, and in order to onboard the new generation of blockchain builders, we need better and easier tools that resemble the experience we expect when building web2 apps.
Why a dev tool?
Cedalio is a dev tool that makes it simple to create a dApp, allowing innovation and disruption to arise. From startups that need bootstrap velocity to companies in the path of decentralization, everyone benefits from having a better, cheaper and faster way to build efficient and scalable decentralized applications.
The combination of open source and decentralization can establish a better future. But in order to realize this potential, we need exceptional tools to build products that are accountable, financially stable and truly decentralized. Only then will the value that a descentralized applications creates be truly realized.
As part of the challenges developers face in the building process, we see a huge opportunity and need in the market to create a platform that helps them decentralize the data storage. We’ve seen how data has been abused in the past and we want to build the infrastructure that will allow companies to give users control over their own information again in a safe way, while still allowing companies to make money off of their services.
Our mission is to be the number one platform that reduces the existing complexities for building robust dApps better and faster. We are doing it by providing a fantastic developer experience with the ethos of decentralization and user-owned personal data at its core. Just define your data model and the business logic you want to decentralize, without having to worry about storage management or smart contract coding.
Who can use Cedalio?
Some early use cases of business that could be transformed by using our technology are:
- Medical records: with blockchain-based decentralized storage, you can safeguard healthcare records, get access to data security, maintain transparency, prevent records from getting tampered and earn the trust of customers.
- Social networks: permissionless databases enable truly decentralized social network protocols. Simply define and deploy your database and distribute ownership and cost amongst the organization. Users can own their history of posts and interactions. Farcaster or Mastodont are fully decentralized app and Instagram is already using Arwavae to do so.
- Public records: One such example is that of Ubitquity, the first blockchain-based system for property record management. Currently, it is in the alpha phase at the Land Records Bureau in Brazil.
- User controlled identity: reduce the risk of data breaches by empowering users to bring their own data to a session, including credentials, preferences, files, and other private data.
- Industry 4.0: decentralized storage and execution allows them to emit metrics, receive orders, sync up information, and compute their next move locally.
- DAOs: there is a big opportunity in creating decentralized ERPs like SAP but “blockchain native”, you could have a market of information and charge by each access from smart contract to smart contract
We hope to see many more use cases and developers using Cedalio technologies in the near future. To know more about how we built Cedalio, check our documentation site or request access to our demo release.