Celevity is a seed stage company developing drugs to help our furry friends live longer, healthier lives. Celevity was spun out of The Longevity Fund and is well funded by top VCs & angels.
Celevity is hiring its first employee. You’ll work directly with the CEO and be involved with all aspects of building and scaling a nascent consumer pet biotech company.
Who You Are
- Previous experience in consulting, operations, investment banking, startups, venture, or similar role.
- You’ve done at least one outsized, ambitious thing that’s unusual for someone of your stage/experience/age.
- Detail oriented, disciplined, naturally seek ownership and responsibility, and happy working on a mix of the fascinating and the mundane.
- Growth mindset, value transparency, seek out feedback and iteration cycles, and have the highest standards for quality.
- You do not need to be formally trained scientist but should be familiar with basic biology concepts (or be willing to speed-read The Molecular Biology of the Cell).
- Love animals!
This is a generalist role and there will not be a standard day-to-day. Things you may work on in this role include:
- Manage the company’s finances including runway projections, expenses tracking, and banking
- Help grow the team
- Work with the CEO on the strategy and relationship building for future fundraises
- Help build the advisory board
- Midnight team IKEA trips to furnish our new office (after you help us find the perfect (but also cheap!) office)
- Research employee packages and benefits
- Ideate and implement market research & validation
- Help define our culture and its expression
- Based full time in San Francisco with some travel
- $80k-$120k per year depending on your background & preferred ratio of salary to shares, with top tier health/dental/vision and a learning budget for books and self improvement
Who We Are
We are an ultra-early stage company and as such our culture is still in flux and will be largely defined by our first employees. That said, there are a few things that are quite important to us:
Health|Good health is critical to every other human (and animal!) experience. We believe health is a fundamental right and are dedicating our lives to maximizing health and developing better medicines for the worst diseases.
Truth Seeking & Feedback Loops| Uniquely in biology, there is a predetermined truth of whether a specific drug will work or not — we just have to catch up with biology! We seek out this truth and do not shy away from inconvenient truths. This holds for personal development too: we are always searching for feedback loops and embody a perpetual growth mindset.
Transparency | We believe full transparency in thoughts, opinions, intentions, and actions (both good ones and mistakes) is a better way to build a business and work together.
Morality & Empathy | We are developing medicines that may one day be given to a living animal, medicines that if designed badly could hurt that animal instead of help. This is a huge responsibility and should be respected as such. Our work needs to adhere to the strictest moral code and always integrate empathy for the patient.
Kindness | Great business(wo)men do not need to be ruthless — you can execute excellently with kindness.
Dog gifs | We love them.