Some important things to note about asthma and allergies
Asthma and asthmatic allergies are not the same thing. While the symptoms of both may be same there is a difference of where they occur. An allergy is the negative reaction of immune system to things it considers a threat, similar is the asthmatic allergy on the other hand asthma is a chronic lung disease which makes breathing uncomfortable and very difficult at times
There have been a lot of cases in the recent times in the US where people have been diagnosed with asthmatic problems. To help stay protected from such issues and also understand asthma and allergies here are a few important things related to it that you should know about-
· Many things can trigger an asthma attack or allergic reaction. These include dust, pollen, car pollution, pet, or smoke. In a allergic reaction things that cause allergy are known as allergens and these are just some of them
· Asthma symptoms begin as soon as the exposure to an allergen and include runny nose, sneezing, itchy nose, watery eyes, coughing and trouble breathing.
· In order to get proper treatments for your asthma or allergies you first need to find what you are suffering from. This is because there is a difference in treatments of allergies and asthma disease. You can get yourself an asthma test done for this at a leading asthma allergy center.
· Once you know what you have the next most important step to take is finding the right doctor. You need to find a competent, experienced and reliable asthma allergy doctor who can treat your problems and provide you with proper advice.
· While there are steps you can take to avoid things that cause asthma allergies, there is hardly escape from dust and pollution. Thus, it is important that you have your inhalers and other such aids at hand in order to control your reactions if needed.
· Another thing to note for people that exercise it that while it is good it need to be done in a systematic manner. Don’t overwork yourself and take regular breaks. Also consult with your doctor before taking any heavy training
· Remember such allergies are not contagious and do not spread by contact
· Children are also not safe from asthma allergies and thus, need to be well taken care of. There have been many cases of even kids having asthma related problems
· There is not specific trigger for asthma that causes problem on an individual. Some might be allergic to dust others smog and so on.
· While treatments for asthma and allergies are available, there is no permanent treatment as of yet. There are long term and short term treatments available. Thus, you need to follow your doctor’s advice properly and be regular with your medications if you want to avoid any severe asthma reactions
· Finally always remember that it is better to get checked before things get out of hand, so ensure that if you feel breathing issues or coughing on a regular basis that you see a doctor.
Keeping these few points in mind will help you in your asthma allergy and in dealing with it effectively.