Development Update — New Build and Upcoming Features
We hope this update finds you safe and well. Everyone at Chain of Alliance is extremely thankful for all your feedback and continuous support. A lot has happened over the last month since we shared the first version of our prototype with you.
After the launch of the Closed Alpha Prototype, we put a lot of effort into improving the stability of our infrastructure and making the app more robust. In addition to that, we looked into the feedback we got and the bug reports we received to improve the game significantly. We are also thrilled to introduce the new UI that we have worked on during the last weeks and hope that you will enjoy it.
We are glad to announce that Badge of Alliance holders will be able to download the first major update of our prototype, starting today. Detailed Patch Notes are available further down in this article.
Following this release, we will continue working on new features. Here is a sneak peek of some of the features you can expect in the near future:
THINGS TO COME
Our beloved Character Builder from the former testnet version will be back and better than before. In addition to character fragments, the new Character Creation will also include blessings and Gods breathing life into your new hero. This will replace our temporary store and TOK tokens.
Expanded Progression System
While we already introduced Character Levels in the current prototype, this system will grow as time goes by and will include not only improving character attributes but also unlocking skills which will make the battles even more thrilling.
Another important part of the experience that we are working on right now is the possibility to craft new equipment, whether it is better armor or a rare and powerful weapon that will optimize your character’s performance in battles.
We will share more information about those features as we get closer to their release!
PATCH NOTES — PATCH 01
- Implemented the first draft of our new Battle UI. We are eager to hear your feedback, so head over to our Discord once you’ve tested the new build and let us know how your experience was.
- Implemented new assets for the Battle Arena.
- Draws will now earn rewards.
- Various balancing adjustments.
- Party health now adjusts correctly when a fighter leader dies.
- Party strength now adjusts correctly when switching out characters in party management.
- Fixed a bug where the Paladin heal would ignore the added maximum health from a fighter leader bonus.
- Fixed a bug where the party management would not recognize a character on the field correctly, which led to the warning of “not enough party members” with three or more characters present.
- Healing a character with full health doesn’t cause damage to the receiver anymore.
- Fixed a bug where a second tap was required to confirm a target for an action.
- A Bard’s protection skill now applies to all party members including the bard.
- Characters in the party management are now always shown with their maximum health.
- Characters with the same speed are now sorted correctly into the turn sequence by their position on the field.
One final thing that we want to share with you right now is that we intend to launch a Public Alpha soon.
We hope that all of you are as excited as we are about the next big step for Chain of Alliance. Keep a close eye on our Twitter and Discord feed to receive more updates!