How To Install Apache Tomcat web server on your Laptop and run
How to install apache tomcat server?
Click this and navigate to Apache Tomcat Welcome page, Then the following web page will be available
In the left side section, you will see Download section, click on the latest version of tomcat server, then download the zip that mentions below
Extract that zip file any place in your laptop(usually extract into program file folder in windows), Now apache tomcat installed on your laptop.
How open apache tomcat server?
Go into bin folder that in apache tomcat file, and open cmd there. After that, open startup.sh file using cmd(in windows type startup.sh and unix ./startup.sh)
Then using browser type http://localhost:8080/, Then the following web page will be available(8080 is the default port that apache server work)
The main issues you can face
- If the current port used in another work, this happens, then you can change the port, that tomcat server works
- How To change Tomcat port number
- Goto tomcat>conf folder.
- Edit server.xml.
- Search “Connector port”
- Replace “8080” by your port number.
- Restart the tomcat server.
- Use the proxy server except for address that starts with the localhost entry.
When open startup.sh permission denied.
- In unix give permission for all .sh files in the tomcat bin folder(type in cmd chmod +X filename)