Leadership is not a title, it’s a behavior..
We all have the potential to become effective leaders, unfortunately, most choose to become followers. Take some time and think about it and you will figure out that we are effective leaders in our own lives. Don’t be positional leader — learn to lead others with own action. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.
Leaders are not, as we are often led to think, people who go along with huge crowds following them. Leaders are people who go their own way without caring, or even looking to see, whether anyone is following them. “Leadership qualities” are not the qualities that enable people to attract followers, but those that enable them to do without them. They include, at the very least, courage, endurance, patience, humor, flexibility, resourcefulness, stubbornness, a keen sense of reality, and the ability to keep a cool and clear head, even when things are going badly. True leaders, in short, do not make people into followers, but into other leaders.
A leader must follow the following 15 golden rules to be a successful leader.
- Be strong, but not rude
- Be kind, but not weak
- Be bold, but not a bully
- Be humble, but not timid
- Be proud, but not arrogant
- Have humor, but without folly
- Stands at times of challenge and controversy
- Influence others, but don’t use the authority
- Be an ordinary person with extraordinary determinations
- See the opportunities in every difficulty rather than the difficulty in every opportunity
- DO NOT BIAS to a part of your team. Treat your team equally
- LOVE and TRUST your team
- APPRECIATE the achievements of team members, do not avoid them.
- Do not consider a successful team member as a threat to your success
- Make more leaders, not more followers
Most of leaders forget the following statement very seriously.
“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” ~ Jack Welch
If you desire to become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position, absorb the above 15 facts to your behavior.
Share your thoughts & ideas……