There are two ads on Instagram that are regularly served up to me. The first is a series of photos of a suspiciously attractive Millennial couple traveling the world and purportedly working remotely. …
If one is to believe employment postings, annual job reviews and even to some extent design publications then one could be forgiven for thinking that a Visual/Graphic Designer in 2019 is a mythical creature.
Below is an excerpt of a “normal” online job description. It is for a Graphic Design position. Not senior level, not UI, just a Designer.
• Up to date with industry leading software and technologies
• Highly proficient in all design aspects
• Proven track record of award winning design solutions
• Commission illustrators and photographers when needed
• Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
• Advise clients on strategies to reach a particular…