Gov. Terry McAuliffe
- He focuses on growing and strengthening a new type of Virginia economy
- He wants to create a lot of jobs throughout Virginia.
- He wants to be a trustworthy kind of politician and encourage that atmosphere throughout the government, not just with himself.
- He limited gifts on himself to being under $100
- He doesn’t want to just build a better today, but encourages investments that will benefit the future.
- He reset standards of learning
- He helped create support for veterans by enlarging the Virginia Values Veterans initiative.
- Worked to give more rights to released felons.
- He was a co-chairman of President Bill Clinton’s second campaign as well as a chairman for Hillary Clinton’s first campaign.
- He has 5 kids.
- His wife’s name is Dorothy and they were married in 1988.
- He went to a Catholic University and also went to Law School at Georgetown.
- Gave 60,000 felons voting rights soon before register deadlines happened.
- Wanted to give voting rights to all felons, but state only allowed some on a case by case basis.
- Was investigated by the FBI in relation to the Clinton Global Initiative
- Promised to veto a bill that disallowed abortion after a woman is 20 weeks into pregnancy.