All Your Heart
When facing trials, tell yourself that:
- First, He brought me here, it is by His will I am in this strait place: in that fact I will rest.
- Next, He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace to behave as His child.
- Then, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow.
- Last, in His time He can bring me out again — how and when He knows.
Can you make these four statements? If you can . . . will you?
- I am here by God’s appointment.
- I am in His keeping.
- I am under His training.
- He will show me His purposes in His time.
By God’s appointment, in God’s keeping, under His training, for His time. What an outstanding summary of what it means to trust in the Lord with all your heart!
(From: All Your Heart by Chuck Swindoll’s Daily Devotional)