- Pseudo-morality: I think that many people dislike vegetarians, and even more, vegans, because they think that vegetarians think of themselves as morally superior to meat-eating people preaching and accusing others of being immoral; vegans are swiftly labelled activists or vigilante.
- Inconvenience: They find preparing and accommodating the dietary needs of a vegan friend or family member annoying or inconvenient. The thought of picking places to eat based on the availability of vegan options confounds them.
- Fear: They suspect spending time with a vegan might alter their own dietary choices inducing acute fear in them about giving up their favourite food.
- Taste: They have strong personal beliefs about enjoying food, and they see being a vegetarian or vegan as a restriction to something beautiful or something that should be enjoyable.
- Unhealthy:They think the vegan diet is unhealthy for it being devoid of animal protein dismissing their vegan friends’ ill-informed propaganda.
Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed it, hit that heart button below. Would mean a lot to me and it helps other people see the story.
FYI: The original article appeared on the Charlie Feist website