Chewy Fig and Almond Bars- raw vegan [RECIPE]
Time: 15 mins approx
Makes: 10 bars
- 175g (1 cup) dried figs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 100g (1 cup) unsalted almonds, chopped into chunky pieces
- 135g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Extras- sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flaxseeds, currants, etc. (opt)
1. Grease a baking dish or tin which is approximately 20cm x 20cm.
2. Place the figs into your food processor with 2–3 tablespoons of the oats. Whizz well until it forms a paste.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined but still contains chunky pieces.
4. Spoon into your baking dish and push down well with a spatula.
5. Pop into the freezer to chill and firm up.
6. Leave for at least 15–20 mins (longer if you can) then serve and enjoy.
7. Store in the freezer.