Social Media Influencer Marketing
In the past 5 years we have seen marketing take a huge turn. There are so many diverse ways for a company to speak to their audience. It seems that the quality of a brand now determines the quality of a product. In this article I will highlight strategies and steps to one of the most effect marketing strategies; influencer marketing.
Positives of influencer marketing?
It all started with major brands like Nike, Pepsi, and Coca-Cola targeting influencers with the largest followings — usually celebrities. Now it has dialed down to location and culture based targeting; finding people with an “ok” following who have influence over a specific type of people.
- Less pressure to consumer : coming across an ad from someone you choose to follow not only brings less pressure to buy, but significantly raises probability of a purchase and increased brand awareness.
- Credibility established : some brands take years to gain credibility with an audience, this is already present with influencers on social media.
- Less expensive : cost is very organic and can be negotiated. Most of the time it’s a money saver compared to other methods of reaching a targeted audience.
- Creates culture : finding influencers that already have a culture parallel with your brand can establish and build your brand quick.
Possible side effects
All-though influencer marketing is a great rout to go for advertising and sales, it’s not for everyone.
- Rise and crash rate : companies will spend big bucks to get their products known across social media and will see incredible sales only to have their audience loose interest in a short period of time. With the size of social media as a platform, it is a large struggle to keep an audiences attention for a long time.
How to start?
Here is a great article that helped me start my own influencer marketing!
Influencer marketing is all the rage in today’s day and age. As the name suggests, this is nothing more than relying on…www.forbes.com
Questioning how lucrative this marketing trend can be? Take a look at what companies are willing to pay for some exposure.