Losing steam Mentally? Readjust Physically.
Day 52 of 100.
It’s called the «dip».
When passion/energy runs out and you’re left with a «well fuck, why am I doing this?»
I imagine it’s like starting full force on a triathlon, blindly. It seems straight forward, you know you can run. Then, you get to the swimming section and the water looks icy,man.
And that water sure goes deep.
Now you’re contemplating about the water, the turbo charged bike ride after and you’re wondering what the hell to do next. So you just stand there. That’s the dip.
When it comes to the dip, the way to get out of it is to have your routine in place. A structured, daily writing outlet, or structured diving into ivy waters, a practicing outlet that slowly transfers you from the dip and towards the place you want to be.
I have days where I want to give up simply because I have no idea what I’m doing anymore.
And side effects, I’ve been getting so tired. I’m gaining weight. I don’t feel healthy. I’m lethargic ALL the time.
I can’t think anymore. It all feels like a rehash.
I’m beginning to realize the concept of partitioning happiness. I know there needs to be balance in your life and In order to get past the dip, you have to be in good shape in all aspects of your life.
Physical, mental and social.
I’ve been feeling like shit lately, so I’m going to restructure my eating and workout habits.
- I started a daily 10,000 step bet with my brother and friends for a month. That’s the equivalent of 5 miles, my average is 6,500.
- Morning run/jog — try to incorporate this at least 3x a week. I like to run by Dyker Heights, through it’s gorgeous houses.
- Incorporating vegan/whole 30 into my meals. Last year I went vegan and alcohol free for the month of May and I felt A MAY ZING. My body felt so good, I woke up early, my skin cleared, I wasn’t bloated. I’m going to try to do this more.
- Eat 3 fruits and veggies a day. At least!
- Sleep more!
- Have more time to be self reflective
I know these will help me with my course and be more happy, stable and conditioned to weather the battle that is entrepreneurship, and on a more basic level- being happy and being the person I want to be.