The weather forecast yesterday said to expect thunderstorms for most of the afternoon, so it was with trepidation that I set off on a train ride to Windsor, about an hour outside of London. Luckily, nothing more than five minutes of light showers came. This was a big relief, as I was a bit anxious that maybe I would need to buy one of those really nerdy plastic waterproof ponchos. Crisis averted.

The castle itself is huge, but unfortunately as it is working castle only a small portion of it is open to the public. The interiors of the rooms were incredible, with giant art collections and entirely painted ceilings. My favourite room was the Grand Reception Room, where the walls and ceiling were decorated all over with gold.

The Round Tower at Wimdsor Castle

Overall, though, I think I enjoyed other places I'd been such as Kensington Palace a lot more. It didn't take me that long to get through it all and I think I spent longer traveling too and from it.

Once back in London I got the tube to Piccadilly Circus, where I had been meaning to explore since I got here. There were SO MANY PEOPLE. It was like a smaller, British version of time square with it's lights and moving billboards. From here I walked Regent and Oxford Streets and was totally in awe of how many high end designer stores there were. Think of an expensive, luxury brand and I can guarantee you it would have a store in this area.

I think my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw the Oxford Circus Nike store. .. IT WAS FOUR STOREYS. I had a major internal conflict, but in the end my ‘stingy, tight with money’ voice won. I left empty handed, but ready to go nuts in Dubai duty free on my way back home.

The day ended much like the day before, with dinner in a park. I got the tube to a station called Regents Park, because I figured with a name like that it shouldn't be too hard to find a spot with a nice view.

I was back at the hostel, showered and ready for bed by 8 pm in my typical nana fashion. It was a Friday night and most others had gone out, so I dreaded waking up to loud and drunken people arriving home at all hours but I was pleasantly surprised. With a solid sleep behind me I am ready for a day at the Portobello Market, which apparently has thousands of awesome stalls. Who knows, maybe I'll also finally be able to find a decent coffee?

Like what you read? Give Chelsea a round of applause.

From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.