Cherubic Ventures February Newsletter / 心元資本二月動態
As we mentioned in the last newsletter, Cherubic Ventures would like to share the latest activity across social media and connect the dots, so here we present to you our February newsletter. Enjoy it and help us spread the word!
- Uncorporeal Systems (USA): The VR company aims to solve the cardinal problem of virtual filmmaking. With the cameras that they’ve created, they are capable of capturing the entire lightfield of the shooting set which means owning every single pixel of subjects.
- Instavest (USA): Instavest has built a community for investors where you may see other investors’ activity and strategy and find out the best time for exit or making an investment.
Portfolio Updates / 團隊公司最新發展
JANDI announced a new round of of US$2.5 million fundraisings from Qualcomm and HnAP, and it is launching JANDI Connect, which integrates Google Calendar, Trello, GitHub, JIRA and E-mail/news feed through webhook, etc.. JANDI also has been named one of the most eye-catching startups in Asia by Tech In Asia.
打造企業溝通協作平台的 JANDI，在韓國、日本與台灣取得每個月成長 40% 的好成績，並即將推出 JANDI Connect，整合了 Google日曆、Trello、GitHub、JIRA 等各種常用服務，也可透過 webhook ( open API )進一步和電子郵件或新聞閱讀等功能串接。
Tezign’s co-founder Daisy studied architecture in University, and then she stepped into Internet industry. The cross-field experience has fostered her expertise in resource integration. In this interview, she shared the story of making unexpected turns as an female entrepreneur.
“You’ll never find your true passion without making some unexpected turns in life.”
We’d also like to use this opportunity to introduce you some of the female founders from our portfolio company:
- 陳韻如 (Alice Chen), iFit愛瘦身 — The largest fitness community in Taiwan.
- 陳丹丹 (Dan Dan), TaoShiJie — A marketplace for Chinese customers to buy top designer brands from overseas.
- 林怡君 (Maibelle Lin), Pinkoi — The largest online community and marketplace for designers in Asia.
- She-Rae Chen, Fantalk — A mobile engagement platform for sport fans to root for the teams they love.
- 馬靜 (Jing Ma), Teenker — A marketplace for freelancers and people looking for professional services.
- 許茹嘉 (Candy), LIVEhouse.in — the biggest live streaming platform and video management solution in Taiwan.
- ML, Jiang, Andrinuo — A maternity apparel brand in China.
- Nora Levinson, CAEDEN — Connected accessories for your mind and body.
- Urška Sršen, Bellabeat — A beautifully designed health tracker that helps women monitor their activity, sleep quality, stress levels, and menstrual cycle.
And here’s a profound interview with Tezign’s another co-founder Lin Fang, exploring the possible connection between technology and design industry.
LIVEhouse.in is partnering up with allPay, a third-party payment operator in Taiwan, to provide a practical way to support broadcasters. It also announced ESR Angel Foundation, along with ESR live and other eSports companies, the foundation aims to help young gamers to pursue their dreams and see esports as a viable career option.
ONEHOPE Wine is featured by Nasdaq. Seeing huge intractable challenge that non-profits are facing, the CFO Logan Allin expressed his belief: 「If you can generate profits and share a portion with vetted global charities, then you can create a much higher probability of solving the world’s biggest problems.」.
The #1 Top Grossing App Everalbum has acquired the Waterloo-based fashion photo community Pout. And the top grossing App is now available on the Android platform. Go get it!
MobiusBobs’s co-founder shared an incredible story about how they turned things around in a crisis, and why their latest product, Waffles is the long-awaited video platform for millennials.
Luxe’s valet parking is mentioned on a thorough research as having the most clear monetization model and tends to provide value-added services, such as the charging service that Luxe offers to Tesla owners.
「Daring greatly means to not follow the status quo. “ — Kevin Chan, founder of Maderight.
Maderight is featured in Cadillac’s Daring Origins commercial, and founder Kevin Chan talked about the daring story of changing the manufacturing scene.
Maderight 現身凱迪拉克的宣傳影片中，創辦人 Kevin Chan 分享勇敢追夢、改變工廠環境的理念。