Freckles are back!
For many years, women have been trying hard to hide freckles from their skin. But now, freckles are considered as a fashion statement!
People are even applying makeup dots that mimic freckles to get those tiny sunspots that they desire! If you are one of them and you are looking for ways on how to get freckles. Then read on!
This article will teach you how to get freckles, what causes them, and many more!
What Causes Freckles?
Freckles are a result of sun exposure to your skin. The color of freckles comes from a pigment called melanin.
Melanin is produced if your skin is frequently exposed to the sun. Your genes also play a big role in growing freckles.
Anyone can have freckles. The color of the freckles may be lighter or darker depending on your hair and natural skin color.
People are re-creating freckles mostly for these reasons:
- A sign of being outdoorsy.
- To give a more natural look, which is trending right now.
- Freckles are now considered as beauty marks.
How to Get Freckles — Naturally
Freckles are hereditary. Freckles occur when there is a large concentration of melanin pigment underneath your skin.
Freckles are usually small and harmless. They show up in areas that are exposed to the sunlight. They come in different colors, it can be brown, tan, yellow, red, or black, depending on your natural skin tone.
Know Your Genes
If there are no freckles in your genetic line, there is a lower chance for you to develop natural freckles. People with pale or light skin and light or red hair are most likely to get freckles. People with dark hair, on the other hand, are less likely to develop freckles.
Check with your family members or your extended family members if freckles are in your genetic line.
Spend Time in the Sun
As mentioned earlier, exposure to the sun triggers melanin production that causes freckles. You have to be mindful of the time you spend under the sun to avoid sun damage and sunburnt skin. Wearing sunscreen around 20 to 30 SPF will allow your skin to tan while protecting your skin from getting burned.
How to Get Freckles — Artificially
Since freckles are trending, people are recreating them by artificially using different methods. Here are some of the ways on how to get freckles artificially.
- Get an eyeliner that matches your skin tone. An ash brown color is a safe bet for most skin tones.
- Draw small dots or freckles on your skin using the eyeliner pencil. Ensure that they are uneven, and apply them across your nose’s bridge going to your cheeks.
- Fill in the gaps with a darker eyeliner tone since freckles come in different tones to look natural.
- Soften the freckles using a piece of cotton to keep a more natural look. You can also use your fingertips to pat them gently.
- Apply powder or setting spray to hold your makeup in place.
Sun Kissed Look
- You can use your preferred bronzer and apply it lightly to your nose and cheeks.
- A bronzer will allow your fake freckles to look more natural.
- A bronzer also gives an after beach skin tone, which is perfect for your freckles.
- A matte bronzer will give a more natural result than using a shimmery bronzer.
A cosmetic tattoo is considered semi-permanent, and this should be done by a professional. Just like lip and eyebrow tattoos, they can also create freckles for you. Since tattoos are semi-permanent, you have to be sure of your decision before getting one.
- Please consult a professional and make sure that they are appropriately trained and licensed.
- Check the reviews and ask for before and after photos.
- Discuss the look that you desire with the professional. They might have suggestions as well as to what look is suitable for you.
- If you are sure, get the tattoo!
- Follow all the after-care steps that your professional tattoo artist will give.
Using henna for artificial freckles is also semi-permanent. Using henna is very risky but temporary.
Henna can be a bit difficult to apply since you will not be able to control the ink stain’s color tone.
Henna is also challenging to remove, so if you plan to do this, make sure you do not have any important events or dates the next day.
If you made a mistake and would like to remove henna from your skin, you can follow these steps.
- Massage your skin using olive or jojoba oil.
- Let the oil sit in for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Rinse again using your preferred cleanser.
People with freckles may have been bullied before, and with this, we have to remember that having freckles is normal and should not be ashamed of and be mocked for.
For so many years, women have been trying their best to hide these beautiful freckles because it was known to be socially unacceptable in the beauty industry.
The era that we have now is indeed remarkable. Nowadays, people are not ashamed and are even more proud to show their freckles off!
Now that you have learned how to get freckles. Would you give it a try? What do you think? Let me know!