Notes & Geovation/ 4th Nov 2016
- Digital Project vs. Social Project
Social Project is quite hard to clarify the stakeholders than digital project, it’s a wicked problem. So having our own design assumption and hypothesis is acceptable.
- Although Service Design is a non-liner process, we still have to maximize the effort and profit within a limit time.
- Discover Stage: Interview “Ordinary users 典型用戶“ & “Extreme users 極端用戶”
- Define Stage: Persona is for building classical users, not for everyone.
Innovation = Problem X Solution X Execution
Problem x Solution = Invention
Solution x Execution = Assumption
Solution = …(nothing)
- What is the problem you’re trying to solve?
- Who does it affect?
- Why does it matter?
- What benefits does the solution provide?
- How can you test it if potentials?
- Why is your solutions > other alternatives?
- How will you idea make money?
- How will you scale your solution?
- What’s your unfair advantages for success?
The idea we pitched was a virtual noticeboard for parks and open spaces designed to show activities taking place within them. The key difference is that we would also have online booking. This would break down barriers for the public to get involved with activities (no more phone calls/emails!) whilst solving organisational and marketing issues for activity providers too. It would be a win-win for everyone.