Top 10 Lessons from TED 2017
This year’s line-up was the best I’ve seen yet. From the Pope to Elon Musk, it had some of the BEST talks I’ve yet seen grace the TED stage. They definitely keep stepping it up. I had the privilege of attending a Simulcast of the TED conference that takes place in Vancouver. Here are my top 10 takeaways from this amazing week.
1. Music binds us to reality but also lets us escape.
2. We’re going to have backpacks that follow us.
3. Heartbreak affects all of us but there are ways to get out of it.
4. Hope is the answer, if we stand together — Pope Francis
5. We should address our fears by listing them out: outcome, prevent, recover.
6. The future of Los Angeles transportation is underground. — Elon Musk
7. Meaning is found in 4 pillars: Belonging, Purpose, Transcendence, and Storytelling
8. We suffer more in our imaginations than in reality.
9. Amyloid Beta plaque build-up prevention might be the answer to Alzheimer’s and memory loss.
10. “Dollar Street” is a great website that shows the differences in living across the world.