Walls of Benin > Creative Brief
Located between Grande Oporto and London Walls of Benin is positioning itself as a global ‘made in Africa’ fashion company — initially focusing on one doing one thing really well — the worlds best and boldest Loungewear.
Transposing the spirit of African print textiles onto soft and luxurious fabrics:
Our mission is to make social impact sexy again… no poverty porn, boring earth tones or weird materials. Rather top line ethical fashion! A sexy, digitally native brand experience, augmented by physical retail and brand events & partnerships.
Diversity — Inclusivity — Progress and Wakanda Forever : Think United Colors of Benetton x The United Nations x Off White-for the Instagram generation.
Following a modest Angel investment (Whoooo) (10/10/18 ) the company is executing a multi stage marketing plan. We plan to firmly place our flag in the sand and tell the world we are here…made in Africa and shipping globally!
New product drop — New collection — new prints — new visuals — new website — new identity — new packaging — new new new….
November to Jan we will execute a campaign on Facebook, IG (also working with influencers and partners) we want to show the world what we’ve got and who we are…
Our digital campaign and pre sales drop will be augmented — by having physical retail with some selected partners:
More to come
After a successful xmas — gathering useful insights and growing our following we will be levelling up — meaning:
- Increased ad spend
- Hitting important tradeshows
- Experimenting with pop ups — (USA primarily)
- Launching our biggest and best Kenya collection — based on Maasai design culture
Deliverables and Deadline — ASAP
- Brand identity
- Improve and relaunch website
- Content creation
- Package Design
- Pop of concepts / Tradeshow stand concepts and design
- Design is super important here — we are building as a DNVB — this means….many things which can you read about here
- Design is super important — Just look at the clean, modern aesthetic of these guys — this is what the consumer is now demanding / expecting.
- In term of product strategy we like this — they don’t follow the fashion calendar — their collections have no obvious formula they can have 5 products or 1 — what matters is how it’s presented and the story they are telling, and how they tell it.
- Look at this packaging — pretty nice right?