AAMSUTRA, The Perfect Adult Indulgence!
With the season of aambas just around the corner, here’s a little more you can do this Summer with mangoes, in addition to our all-time-favourite aamras!
- Mango and Mint Kheer/Phirni — For dessert lovers drooling over mangoes, this one is the perfect option this summer. A rice pudding with mango flavour, this one is special since it can be served hot or cold and can still taste like it was made out of heaven. Mint, here, is added as an enhancer along with saffron, cardamom and almonds as garnish.
2. Mango Rasgullas — A mango variant of this traditional Bengali recipe has been winning hearts over the last few years. Methodically, mango rasgullas follow the same making procedure as rasgullas, except, some extra effort is needed to add the sweetness of mango in it. Mango puree is a must for it while using brown sugar instead of sugar helps cut calories in a tastier manner. Like most other Indian desserts, this too is usually garnished with dry fruits.
3. Mango Kalakand — A fruity version of this Rajasthani dish, Mango Kalakand is an Indian version of mango cake, just a lot tastier. Ingredients include cottage cheese, ghee, condensed milk, cardamom and pistachios. Varak or silver lining is often used to garnish and add a royally Indian effect to it.
4. Mango Matchi Rolls — A fairly healthier version on twists and turns since matcha is almost synonymous to green tea, these rolls bring together happy and healthy. We can bet you’ll feel almost like a professional baker when you go to make these rolls since they consist of rice flour, vanilla, baking powder, milk, unsweetened coconut, matcha powder and mangoes-everything bakers hold close to their heart! These look as wonderful as their taste so you won’t have to worry about how to garnish or serve.
5. Coconut Mango Bundt — You might not consider bread for a dessert but this dish is sure to change your perspective! A mango filled loaf, this one is also enhanced with coconut essence along with baking powder, sugar, egg and some ginger. The bundt shape of the cake leaves you wondering whether you should satisfy your taste buds or the effort into making it, but we know you’ll choose the former!
So when will you be heading out to try these? We’re already on it!