Process for Triaging a Tactical Item
Holacracy® Practitioner’s Guide
1) Start an agenda item with: “What do you need?”
2) Listen for a request:
If the request is for an Action or Project:
- Get clear on the target role of the request
- Ask them: “Would it serve your role’s purpose or accountabilities?”
If the request is for space to share or to get input/ideas:
- Hold space for that until agenda item owner is ready to move on
If the request is for an ongoing expectation:
- Explain that ongoing expectations are set in governance
- Capture a Governance Tension for the requestor
3) Ask “Did you get what you need?
If so, ask Secretary to check off the item
If not, invite another request and go back to #2
Read “Introducing the Holacracy Practitioner Guide” here for more articles.
Want to learn more about Holacracy? Visit Holacracy.org.