Christian White

Visual Communication Design


It was before I was born, but my brother was five when my mom was diagnosed; pregnant with me. I was born down in Freemont, California back in ’95. After moving to and from Washington a few times I ended up out at WSU for my freshman year and had so much fun that they didn’t let me back. After that I came home to my parents with my tail and $30,000 in debt between my legs. After obtaining my associates degree at Spokane Falls Community College I transferred here to EWU. I tried my hand at Mechanical Engineering, but I changed my mind and now I’m going for a Visual Communication Design degree with a minor in Journalism, but I’m still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

10 Interesting Facts

  1. I’ve never broken a bone
  2. I’m a bartender
  3. I’m very active in Pi Kappa Phi
  4. I used to play Super Smash Brothers Melee competitively
  5. Recently I’ve lost over 100lbs
  6. I am a musician
  7. I was lucky enough to attend 2 festivals last year
  8. I am ordained
  9. I’m easily distracted and suck at finishing lists

First time for everything…

This one time after band camp at WSU, I went to hang out with some new friends of mine; my section mates and I decided to have a few adult beverages. My section leader gave me a bottle of glazed donut flavored vodka because he couldn’t drink it, but I, who had never drank before, was up for the task. Later in the night another friend of mine brought over a thirty case of beer and I tried to shotgun one with him since I’d never done that before either, obviously. He was way faster than me, but for some reason I was sure I’d be able to beat him in a race. We tried a few more times and surprise surprise, he won while I proceeded to stumble back inside. I’m not entirely sure how much I drank that first night, but I know it was enough so that the last thing I remember was someone exclaiming“It’s only 9:30?” When I came to I felt like I’d been run over by a semi, it was my first hangover. My arm couldn’t make it dark enough covering my eyes and any noise felt like needles to the ear drums. The loudest thing I’d heard all day was my phone ringing. On the other end of the line was a voice far too cheerful saying “Hi, this is Jaqui from Flix Cafe and was curious if you were still interested in joining the team?” Of course the resume I turned in doesn't respond until the hardest Saturday morning I’d experienced up to that point. Despite my current state I tried to respond with as much enthusiasm as she showed and even managed to land an interview that evening at 5:30. After the dialogue I hung up and realized it was 4:45. I rushed back to my dorm, changed into something slightly more presentable, and rushed to the interview where I landed my first job.