A List of Moving Tips to Save You Money
Moving to a new place can be exciting, but it sure can cost a lot of money. According to the best movers in Dubai, if you wish to bring down the cost of your move, strategic planning is required. So, three months before the actual relocation, think of different solutions that you can implement to either generate money to financially support your move or save.
To start you off on this objective, here is a list of moving tips definitely worth trying.
· Create an inventory of all your possessions to determine what you really need to take with you. This is important since moving costs are typically based on weight. You can bring down the cost if you have fewer things to bring with you. Establish what will go on sale, will be given away, stored in a facility, and thrown away.
· Have a sale of the items that you don’t need to take with you. Set a date for a garage or yard sale, and then put them up online as well. Not only will you generate extra money for the move (which will allow you to purchase new stuff), but you’ll also be able to pare down the amount of stuff that you need to transport.
· Budget, budget, budget! Write all your ideas down on paper on how to manage the costs of the various aspects of relocation. Doing this will make sure you cover everything, from the expected, to incidentals, to emergencies.
· Pack things yourself. Most moving companies offer a packing service, but if you really want to save, pass up this offering. Use all the suitcases and bags you own for non-delicate items or “unbreakables” like clothing, books, kitchen utensils, et cetera. For breakables, purchase sturdy boxes (or ask for some from convenience stores — they have a lot from their merchandise) and pack the fragile items using old newspapers, towels, and clothes so you won’t have to buy styro popcorn and bubble wrap anymore.
· Hire movers early. Doing this will allow you to compare the different provisions out there more effectively and determine which would work best for your budget. Also, you may be able to take advantage of special promos such as discounts or free extra service.
· If you can actually choose the date for your relocation, it’s best to do so during the off-season because the rates will be lower during this time.
· Only get the insurance you need. If you don’t have really expensive belongings, just stick to the base insurance, which only covers the usual concerns people have about relocating.