Virtual reality is now getting way much more interesting for movie lovers. The event has been a world premiere as the theatrical release of Jumanji was only 4 months old.
The screening was available only for France-based users with a limited access to 2,000 free virtual seats (sold out in 5 days) and available on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Samsung GearVR and Google Daydream.
To learn more, visit: https://cinevr.io/jumanji3D
CINEVR: The virtual movie theater experience
Designed by Cinémur in Paris, CINEVR is an advanced virtual movie theater experience built for PC and mobile VR. Its immersive and the multiplayer mode allows users to watch movies, TV shows, live TV, replay or VOD with up to 9 people per room. It’s a cross-platform, cross-device application on both desktop and mobile.
- Hyper realistic 3D theater and environments
- Ambient lighting + spatialized audio
- 2D, 3D and 360° video player, audio tracks and subs
- Social, fun and interactive multiplayer mode
- Voice, gestures & emojis
- DRM-compliant video solutions (vod, replay, live stream)
What does it mean for future of movies?
Watching movies may be the most underrated usage of VR. Comfortable HMDs provide great user experience to this kind of content and with the Oculus Go, it’s not going to slow down any time soon.
As moviegoers are now consuming more content at home thanks to subscription services like HBO, OCS or Netflix, movie theaters owners will soon need to find new ways to reach their audience.
Subscription video services and virtual reality could be a potential big step forward to provide great social video experiences to viewers.
Headsets like Oculus Go are now spreading wildly to the market in order to bring affordable and high-quality VR experience.
Cinémur is a Paris based startup founded in 2013. The company creates innovative digital services for movie, television and virtual reality (VR) industries.
The team has 3 main products and activities:
- An online social platform for french moviegoers with more than 370 000 members, 110k+ metadata and 3 millions ratings (https://cinemur.fr/)
- A white label VOD platform and off the shelf technical solutions (https://cinemur.pro/services/vod-platform)
- The VR experience CINEVR for desktop and mobile (https://cinevr.io/) with now more than 200k downloads
Cinémur works with clients like TV channels (France Télévisions, TF1), major movies companies (Gaumont-Pathé!, Warner Bros.) or pure players / startups (Molotov TV) and brands (BNP Paribas, Orange, Fnac, CDiscount). The team is currently 13 people strong.
Official website: https://cinemur.pro/