5 Valuable Tips for Keeping Your Home Safe While You’re Away!
Protecting your home from intruders should be your top priority before you head out for the holidays. There are several things you can do to help keep your home safe while you’re gone.
1. Create the Illusion of Being Home
You can easily create the illusion of your being home by doing the following:
- Have someone pick up your newspapers and your mail. Or you can temporarily pause service. And don’t forget to ask someone to remove all flyers that are placed on your door and mailbox, etc.
- Have your lights and television put on a timer that will go on and off periodically so it looks like you’re home.
- Ask someone to park in your driveway while you’re gone.
- Have someone move your trash cans to and from your driveway on trash days to create the illusion that someone’s there.
2. Never Advertise Your Plans
You should never broadly advertise your vacation plans. And that includes all social media postings as well. Only tell your immediate friends and family where you are going and when you will be back. And, never post your trip pictures anywhere until after your vacation.
3. Remove Your Hidden Key
Even with all your best efforts, someone might detect you’re not home and rummage around for your hidden spare key. Therefore, you should take up your hidden key, at least until you’ve returned.
4. Lock Up Your Valuables
If you are going away for the holidays, it’s best to collect your valuables such as your jewelry, sensitive documents or anything else that’s important to you and put them in an undetectable fireproof safe or rent a safe deposit box.
5. Install a Home Security System
Your best bet for keeping your home safe is installing a home security system. Home security systems are much less expensive than they used to be and if you haven’t priced them in a while you are in for a surprise. Not only is a home security system very affordable, they also provide many home automation features as well. And, a home security system, in most cases, will provide you with live streaming video and an online app that will allow you to access, monitor, and control your entire system remotely from any mobile device.
Just How Affordable Is A Home Security System? Watch The Video Below To Find Out!