6 Reasons Why You Need to Try Dodgeball
- You’re tired of spending your nights swiping left and right. Plenty of my friends, especially girls, sign up to meet someone. And I know of a couple of dodgeball first dates that led to marriages. (Or course, I also know of more than a few that led to awkward breakups, but hey, that’s your risk to take.)
- You like exercise, but hate the gym. Turns out that running, jumping, and throwing non-stop for an hour is an intense workout. No matter your skill level, you’ll be surprised at how much you sweat.
- You never wear that 1988 Bon Jovi concert or Golden Girls t-shirt in the bottom of your closet, but can’t bring yourself to drop them at Goodwill. Look no further. They finally have a home on the dodgeball court.
- You like making lifelong friends. Most folks I know who play dodgeball have ended up making some of their closest friends as a result.
- You’re most at home in full costume. You can literally wear anything (see hotdog and dinosaur suited players below) and will be welcomed with open arms.
- Even if you have the athletic prowess of Tina from Bob’s Burgers, there’s a place for you in dodgeball. “It took some time to accept the fact that I can’t catch and I can’t throw…but I can dodge!” says Sonie Haneline, a frequent LA-based dodgeballer.
For your Ultimate Guide to Adult Dodgeball in Los Angeles, keep reading HERE.
Words by Brian Roth, story original published on Citizine.tv.