Weekly Report #17–2017.11.07
City of Zion (CoZ) is a global community of open source enthusiasts, with the shared goal of helping NEO achieve its full potential. CoZ primarily operates through the community Slack and CoZ Github, central places where the community shares knowledge and contributes to projects.
CoZ is neither a corporation, nor a consulting firm or a devshop / for-hire group.
There is no formal process in joining CoZ. Interested individuals will have to do the work first, and the submitted code has to be licensed under the MIT License. Consistent contributors will become eligible to join the CoZ organization, and begin collaborating on projects. The governance process of this organization can be found here.
Since its inception, the CoZ Council has been in close contact with the NEO Council. The NEO Council provides support to the community, in the form of NEO rewards, which CoZ redistributes weekly.
For individuals who are interested in financially supporting CoZ development, our donation address is AXSoNQEKjmqPBNPg5cNrHyWivfjok3Vj9D.
For transparency, CoZ Council members are excluded from weekly NEO rewards, and any CoZ competitions. This week, 466 NEO were awarded for the following contributions to the NEO ecosystem.
We need experienced Stack Exchange users (with more than 200 reputation) that want to be active in our community, to commit to the proposal. You can do so here.
CoZ Community Magazine:
CoZ launched Proof of Working, a community magazine where regular developers can contribute articles related to Neo development. The first article describes the process of setting up a private network for deployment.
Neo Community Development Videos:
Video 2: Smart contracts in Java
Neo Python (neo-python):
- Added built in support for NEP5 Tokens
- Added support for claiming gas
- Implement NEP2
- Improved Test Coverage (47% to 67 %)
- Added ability to dynamically set config/settings (Testnet vs Main vs Private Net)
- Added support for CLI themes
- Added bootstrap command to automatically download bootstrap file
- Require all code to comply with Pep8 standards
- Refactor planning and architecture
- 0.0.5 functionality defined
- Improvements to blockchain verification methods for scalability
- Expansion of test automation support
- Setup docs for neon-js (dev/master)
- Webpack optimization
- Enable use on private blockchain
- Simple documentation for 1.1.0
Neon Wallet (neon-wallet):
Release of Neon Wallet v0.0.7 and new website design
- New window modal system for system events/warnings
- More refactoring (redux state getters)
- Neo/Gas display optimization and tooltips
- Update npm packages to latest
Blockchain Explorer (neo-scan):
- New design testing
- DB optimizations for new design
- CSS review
- API review
Neo GUI Wpf (neo-gui-wpf):
- Preparing work for the view models to be injected with dependencies
- Fixed various issues
Neo Debugger Tools (neo-debugger-tools):
- Implemented Storage emulation in the neo-debugger
- Improved contract input to support all NeoVM types (Bool, String, BigInteger, ByteArray)
- Added calculation of GAS cost per instruction
- Improved debugger GUI (New menus, stack viewer, better layout of contract inputs)
- Added proper support for Runtime.Notify