Weekly Report #8–2017.08.27
City of Zion (CoZ) is a global community of open source enthusiasts, with the shared goal of helping NEO achieve its full potential. CoZ primarily operates through the community Slack and CoZ Github, central places where the community shares knowledge and contributes to projects.
CoZ is neither a corporation, nor a consulting firm or a devshop / for-hire group.
There is no formal process in joining CoZ. Interested individuals will have to do the work first, where the submitted code will have to be licensed under the MIT License. Consistent contributors will become eligible to join the CoZ organization, and begin collaborating on projects. The governance process of this organization can be found here.
Since its inception, CoZ has been in close contact with the NEO Core Team. The NEO Core Team provides support to the community in the form of NEO rewards, which CoZ redistributes weekly. For individuals who are interested in financially supporting CoZ development, our donation address is AXSoNQEKjmqPBNPg5cNrHyWivfjok3Vj9D.
This week, 280 NEO were awarded for the following contributions to the NEO ecosystem.
Week in Review
The health of our community was clearly demonstrated this week, when five council members (canesin, unignorant, ashant, fabwa, and localhuman) were away, either on vacation or for personal reasons. In spite of this, we received huge amounts of code contributions throughout the week, and were able to review all of them.
The development of Neo Developer GUI is outstanding, and was contributed by members of the NEO community, without involvement from any of the council members. Besides this, the continued work in supporting execution and writing of smart contracts in Python, is a significant milestone for NEO. Investor risk will be greatly reduced, with the high-quality, independent node implementations, that can execute NEO smart contracts.
We need experienced Stack Exchange users (with more than 200 reputation) that want to be active in our community, to commit to the proposal. You can do so here.
- Neo Unit Tests — Ongoing testing of the core Neo project
Admin Portal (neo admin portal):
- Ongoing development of new features (support helpdesk)
Mobile Wallet (Android/IOS):
- Implemented offline key storage
- Refactor code
- Add QoL functionalities
- Working on import functionality to import from other wallets (db3, json)
- Changes to UI flow
Blockchain Explorer (neo scan):
- Optimized code structure
- Started genstage pipeline design for fetching and storing information
- Cache for blockchain node state, last blocks and transactions
Neon Wallet (neon wallet):
- UI support for login and NEP2 key generation
- Begin development of multi-account support
Neon JS (neon js):
- Add support for NEP2 key encryption
- Debug and swap out slow scrypt library
- Add tests for NEP2
Neo Python (neo python):
- All Blockchain APIs for smart contracts are working in VM, such as Contract_Get/Create, Asset_Create/Renew, etc
- Added Fixture setup for unit/e2e testing of contract invocations deep into the blockchain
- Updated Readme
- View sample smart contract VM execution here
Neo Developer GUI (neo gui developer):
- New dialogs to debug and interact with smart contracts
- General bug fixes
- Japanese Node/API Documentation