26 People You’ll Want to Meet at Elevate Social Impact
First and foremost, we want to send a huge THANK YOU to everyone who submitted their presentation idea to our open call for speakers to Elevate Social Impact. We were inspired by all of your thoughtful and impactful ideas, which led us to redesign our original agenda to build in as many speakers as we could in the day.
We were also thrilled by the incredible enthusiasm shown by everyone for a public sector topic at Canada’s largest tech and innovation festival. It’s amazing to see how people are passionate about making their city more equitable and accessible.
Join us at Elevate Social Impact! The Toronto Public Libary is globally recognized as a hub of education, innovation, and inclusivity, so it serves as a perfect backdrop for our event. We’ll be at the North York Central Library on Wednesday, September 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We recommend that you arrive early to secure your seat because space is limited to 180 guests and spots are available on a first come, first served basis.
For those who cannot attend in person, we will be tweeting live. Connect with us on Twitter and follow our hashtag #ElevateSocialImpact on the day of the event and leading up to it.
We believe in walking the talk, so when it comes to making an event about inclusivity and accessibility, we knew we had to make Elevate Social Impact available to everyone at no cost. Our event will be completely FREE to attend and no pre-registration or Elevate Pass is required!
Elevate Social Impact will be the only free track at Elevate 2018 and it’s all for you. If you would like to attend the other tracks or excellent programs throughout the week, you can buy a festival pass directly from Elevate.
We’ve carefully selected a range of speakers and topics that will demonstrate how we can build a more inclusive city together. Topics will range from budget building to government innovation to indigenous entrepreneurship to design of all kinds and the next generation of ideas.
We’re positive Elevate Social Impact will include speakers who will inspire you, teach you, and help you make a real change. So who are they?
Drum roll, please…
In alphabetical order, our all-star cast of speakers are:
· Ab Velasco, Toronto Public Library
· Allyson Hewitt, MaRS Discovery District
· Anne-Marie Croce, City of Toronto
· Artash Nath and Arushi Nath, HotPopRobot
· Blaine Felix, City of Toronto
· David Best, BEST Consulting
· Deanna Lentini, Fix the 6ix
· Hillary Hartley, Ontario Digital Service
· Jennifer Couldrey, Upside Foundation
· Jonathon Araujo, Pontiac Group
· Luke Simcoe, Code for Canada
· Maggi Mitchell, UX Research Toronto
· Marco Di Buono, Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities
· Marisa Bernstein, Code for Canada
· Mary Ann Bent, CNIB Foundation
· Nell Chitty, City of Toronto
· Nick Vlahos, City of Toronto
· Paula Kwan, City of Toronto
· Ranil Mendis, City of Toronto
· Riya Karumanchi, Founder of the SmartCane
· Scott Leon, Wellesley Institute
· Takara Small, Venture Kids Canada
· Tina Scott, City of Toronto
· Vickery Bowles, Toronto Public Library
· Vince Schutt, Toronto Gaymers
Of course, we welcome and encourage our attendees to make as many quality connections as possible during the event. Did you make a special connection? Did that connection grow into an idea, a project, product or service to impact the greater good? How did your perspective change after attending the event? Who are you looking forward to meeting and why? We would love to hear your stories.
Updated on Sept 24: Updates made to speaker line-up and photos.