Want to File an Xarelto Lawsuit? 5 Must Know Things for You
Xarelto, an anticoagulant or blood-thinning medication, was approved by FDA in the year 2012. Since then, its sales have grown considerably. Johnson & Johnson, along with Janssen Pharmaceuticals manufacture this drug in US. In Europe, this blood-thinning drug is manufactured by Bayer AG.
The drug is associated with a number of severe side-effects and thousands of Xarelto lawsuits have been filed already.
Are you a victim?
The plaintiffs of Xarelto lawsuit state that the manufacturer of this drug failed to warn the patients and doctors about the side-effects of this drug. Some of the patients who took Xarelto suffered from negative and in some cases, severe side-effects, which include incontrollable external and internal bleeding and pulmonary embolism.
If you used this drug and have suffered from any kind of complications due to it, you are eligible to file a Xarelto lawsuit against the manufacturer of this drug.
Why lawsuits against Xarelto have been filed?
Apart from the above mentioned side-effects, some of the Xarelto lawsuits allege that they had to-
- Spend a lot of money because of their visits to emergency room, medical expenses, loss of wages
- The side-effects took an toll on the patient as well as their family members
- Increase the financial burden for families of people who passed away due to the side-effects of this drug
All the claimants expect that the manufacturers of this blood-thinning drug should be brought to justice and should compensate the patients and their family members for the same.
Steps before resolving Xarelto
Thousands of lawsuits have already been filed against Xarelto and more will be filed in future. However, considerable amount of pretrial litigation needs to be finished before any kind of settlement negotiations begin.
In the year 2014, US JPML, centralized all the cases that are filed throughout federal court as a single Xarelto MDL in Louisiana. US District Judge Eldon Fallon will oversee this MDL as well the settlement negotiations. It is expected that the court will push negotiation of settlement for resolving individual cases as first date of trial approaches.
Factors considered in Xarelto settlement negotiations
Some of the factors that will be considered in Xarelto settlement negotiations include-
- Duration and extent of injuries caused due to Xarelto
- Effects of Xarelto injuries on mental and physical health of the patients
- Mental and physical anguish and pain of past and future
- Money spent on the injuries caused due to Xarelto in past and future
- Loss of wages
- If a person who took Xarelto is no more due to the side-effects of this drug, his/her family members will be compensated on all the fronts, including loss of affection, companionship and love
Successful Xarelto lawsuit will end up in full compensation for your loss
A patient or family member of a patient can get in touch with a personal injury lawyer to file Xarelto lawsuit. If the lawsuit is successful, the patient and family members will recover full compensation for all of their losses.
Make sure that you hire a competent law firm or attorney to file the lawsuit to make sure that you have maximum chances of winning the lawsuit.
About The Author