Ayurvedic Hair Care Treatment
Long and thick hair is beauty symbol of girls. And flaunting them is no exception when you have it exclusively. Ayurvedic hair care treatments by natural products are a power pack of remedies in itself. They had been tested by our ancestors and have recently gained back eyes on them. These natural available treatments are safer, cheaper, and more effective over long runs as compared to easily available chemicals. So, when nature has made everything so accessible for beautification, they why to go by other means. Try these 3 Ayurvedic Hair care treatments for healthy, shiny and voluminous hair.
1. Amla- Also known as Indian Gooseberry
Benefits of Amla
· Acts as conditioner
· Prevents dandruff and reduces itchiness on the scalp
· Add volume to hair
· Boosts natural waves and curls
· Gives coloration to hair
How to use? Source
Mix ½ cup dry amla powder with ¼ cup water to make a thin paste which can stay on the scalp. Apply the mix on the scalp as well as hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse the amla powder and shampoo your hair, till the water runs clear.
· Use amla paste twice a week for beautiful voluminous hair
If your skin shows signs of burning or irritation rinse the paste immediately as it can be sign of allergic reaction.
2. Shikakai — Fruit of Hair rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C and D
Benefits of Shikakai
· Hair growth and nourishment
· Detangles Hair so less hair fall
· Reduces dandruff
· Makes hair looks lustrous
How to use?
Mix a Shikakai powder with warm water to form thin paste. Apply this paste on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Then rinse it with water till the color in water goes off.
Shikakai is also used for hair conditioning. You can make Shikakai tea, by boiling 2–3 teaspoons of Shikakai powder with herbal tea. Let it steep for 4–5 hours. Before using, sieve it and add some warm water to it.
· Use Shikakai paste at least once week for dandruff free and shiny hair.
Shikakai powder is readily available in market. Prefer making fresh from the dried fruit and store it in refrigerator.
3. Ritha — Also known as Soap nuts
· Conditions hair
· Cleanses hair
· Promotes hair growth
· Makes hair thick and beautiful
How to use? Source
Mix 3 tablespoons of Ritha powder (formed from dried leaves) and 3 tablespoons of Henna powder (Mehandi) with water to form paste. Apply it on hair and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and mild shampoo. This paste will leave your hair untangled, manageable and voluminous.
· For frequent washing, try readily available Ritha Shampoo or one can prepare on her own.
Avoid contact of paste and shampoo with eyes as it can cause irritation, redness etc.
There are many more natural Ayurvedic body care remedies readily available with Nature. We will be discussing them with you in our next post. So stay tuned!