13 Bands On My Musical Bucket List
To stretch my brain, I do a Morning Mental Exercise (MME). Part of it is to create a list of 10(ish) things each morning. Sometimes, I publish them.
Today, I’m going to see Guns N’ Roses tonight at Qualcomm Stadium, the final U.S. date on GNR’s reunion tour. With that in mind, here are 13 Bands On My Musical Bucket List:
- Guns N’ Roses — Arena rock. Hair metal. LA.
- Led Zeppelin — See GNR. Same, but better and more original.
- Aretha Franklin — Mother of Soul. Maybe best living solo artist.
- Paul McCartney — Not my favorite Beatle (RIP John Lennon) but a legend.
- Rolling Stones — Best living group in terms of historical impact.
- Bruce Springsteen — Working man’s music.
- Eric B & Rakim — Biggest hole on my hip hop resume.
- Sly and The Family Stone — My favorite group on this list, and the only one I’ll be torn up about missing.
- Radiohead — Modern music, legends in the making.
- AC/DC — See 1 & 2. Thunderstruck live is a must see, I imagine.
- U2 — No my favorite, but hits on hits on hits.
- Nine Inch Nails — U2-style concert theatrics, edgier music that feels and sounds like contemporary art.
- Big Daddy Kane — Second biggest hole in my hip hop resume.